Materials needed: 3/4" Putty Tape and Screws.
1. Clean the mounting surface on the sidewall to be free of all residue such as putty tape or caulk.
2. Apply a suitable non-hardening sealant tape (Putty Tape or Butyl Tape) to the backside of the vent's mounting flange.
3. Insert the vent into the rough opening and proceed to fasten the vent with hex head screws.
4. Optional: Caulk around the outer edge of the vent with silicone caulking sealant.
5. Postion the damper clips so the damper will open and close properly when the range hood is operating.